Google Calendar lags/freezes when displayed on the UGA-165 unit.

Google calendar lags/freezes when displayed on the UGA-165 unit. Works smoothly when displayed on either hardware GPU monitors. Problem occurs in both Firefox and Chrome. However, when displayed in Chrome, the problem resolves when it is put into ‘full screen’ mode (but I don’t want my calendar to be full screen all the time).

Hi Jay,

Thanks for posting here! Could you run the DisplayLink Support tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/displayli… ) with the Plugable UGA-165 connected to the system and email the resulting .zip to support@plugable.com along with your Amazon order ID and a link to this thread?

This would give us a better insight as to what is going on. Once we analyze it we can figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze

Answered my own problem:

1. Under Google Chrome - enter chrome://flags
  2. Disable -
    GPU compositing on all pages Mac, Windows, Linux
    Uses GPU accelerated compositing on all pages, not just those that include GPU-accelerated layers.
  3. Reboot browser

Enjoy no more lag.

Jay,

Thanks for posting back and letting us know that disabling hardware acceleration solved the issue.

If you need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze