Good Ole' Code 43

My W7 64 bit doesn’t recognize the USB 2.0 10-port Hub. A popup in the lower right just says that it is not recognized. When I click on that and go into the device properties, somewhere in there it mentioned the code 43.

Even with this issue, my cell phone (Galaxy 3S) has been seen as a mass stroage drive when plugged into the hub…Untill today!! Now for some reason it is not seen through any port.

Flash drives, card readers, cameras, etc have never worked through it.

This is my second one of these. Pretty frustrating!

Thanks for posting! Sorry for the frustration - we’ll be able to help.

Some quick questions to figure out next steps:

Do you have two of our 10 port hubs that you can compare?

If so, is the behavior with the two hubs the same on this one machine?

Do you have another machine around to test against - if so, do the hubs work fine there?

The most common cause of something like this would be a bad USB cable or port (between the hub and PC) or a Windows system component that has failed.

Thanks for letting us know the answers to these questions - from that, we’ll be able to figure out next steps. And thanks for your patience!

Bernie

For background:

Code 43: means “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems”. More specifically, it means that the device driver running the device has failed in it’s start routine.

Code 43 problems are rare for a hub itself, because they’re triggered by the device driver software – which in the case of a hub is Windows’ built-in usbhub.sys driver. So it’s usually a problem that we can track down and solve. And Code 43s can be confusing with a hub, because it’s sometimes difficult which device is behind the “yellow exclamation” in device manager - the hub itself from the device attached to it.

I am having the same problem. I just got the Plugable today. Please help.