Hello, I’m using a model UGA-3000 USB 3.0 to DVI adapter along with a Lenovo t440p laptop in a docking station. I have two other monitors connected, one is using a VGA connection and the other a Display Port to DVI. My issue is that any window that I move over to the monitor with the Plugable connector has issues with screen refreshing. So if I move a Chrome window over to the 3rd monitor, and I maximize the window, the new space that the maximized windows should be taking up just becomes ghosted and that area can’t be used and does not display the image correct. I also then can’t switch between tabs or scroll. Similar issues occur with any other programs. I’ve tried switching it over to another monitor and that doesn’t seem to help. Is there anything short of returning the item that I can try?
Hi Brandon, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior with our adapter and I will be happy to help!
Thank you for the description of the behavior you are seeing. Based off of this, we will want to preform a clean install of the DisplayLink drivers and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the adapter from your system. Please keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software/DisplayLink Graphics Driver from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.0 M3 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reconnect the adapter to your system
If the steps help, great! If not, we will want to examine some log files from your system to determine what else could be happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug --> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. Please send us the log file by attaching it to an email to our direct support email address at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Ticket Number 171313’ in the subject line so we can match everything up and determine next steps from there.
I did all of that and it seemed to help.
When I initially installed the device, it seemed OK with some refresh and flashing issues, but it wasn’t unusable. It seemed to have gotten worse. I noticed a few odd things but overall since fixing, but its back to being fine. If the issue gets worse again I’ll write in and reference your ticket number.
Thanks for your assistance!