Getting laptop speakers to work when using plugable USB 3.0 docking station

when my laptop is connected to the plugable USB 3.0 docking station I can’t get any sound to come out of the speakers on my laptop. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. Please help??

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting your question here! Windows only allows audio to play through the default audio playback device.

Usually when the dock is connected to the system, it get assigned as the default audio device even if no speakers are plugged into it. If you want to have audio flow through the laptop’s internal speakers, then you would need to make that the Default Playback device.

To do that on the desktop, click on Start (or press Windows logo key + X), click on Control panel and select ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then click on ‘Sound’. This will bring up the list of available audio devices. You can right-click your laptop’s built-in audio and click “Set Default” to make it the default playback device for sound output. Windows will persist this setting.

Once you change the default audio output device to the laptop speakers, all sound will be coming through it.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Roze