G-SYNC support?

Hi, I recently bought the TBT4-UDZ off Amazon for use with my 2021 Lenovo Legion 7i. My laptop has two Thunderbolt 4 ports and an Nvidia 3080 in it.

I was able to connect a couple of my g-sync compatible monitors to the dock and have it display properly. However, in the Nvidia control panel, I don’t have the option to enable g-sync for them like I do when I connect the monitor directly to my laptop.

I have another Thunderbolt 4 dock from Lenovo that lets me use g-sync for one of the connected monitors, so it seems this is possible over TB4. Is this just a limitation with the TBT4-UDZ due to the chipset and/or how it’s utilizing DisplayPort MST?

Hello,

Thank you for posting! We are sorry things are not working fully as expected while using your TBT4-UDZ docking station, and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you as well for the detail that you have already provided, it is much appreciated.

We are afraid that we cannot be sure of the cause of the behavior you describe based on the information available.

May we ask you to please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 421016’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your TBT4-UDZ purchase

2. The brand and specific model numbers of each of the two monitors you are using.

For example, ‘Dell U2415’ or ‘HP 24es’.

If you are unsure which specific models you are using, this information is typically printed on the back of the monitor.

1. The specific model number of (or a direct web link to) the Lenovo Thunderbolt 4 docking station you using.

2. While the TBT4-UDZ is connected to your Lenovo laptop and both monitors are connected to the TBT4-UDZ, the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

*** Please do not post the information we requested above here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) ***

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.