I recently purchased Plugable USB 3.0 to VGA / DVI adapter from here (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00…) and having flickering issues on the monitor it’s connected to. I already installed the most Displaylink driver. I’m running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Any help?
Hello Andrew - Just to confirm: You have DisplayLink driver 8.0 M2 (http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…) installed and the most up to date graphics chipset/GPU driver installed?
If so, I would need to take a closer look via PlugDebug (I will follow up with a direct response).
I installed the M1 version: DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.0+M1
Should I uninstalled the M1 drivers and re-install the M2 drivers? Thanks.
Here are instructions for a clean DisplayLink driver installation:
- Disconnect display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from here -> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer when prompted to do so and test.
If this does not help, please see my direct response asking for logs.
I actually have the Plugable USB adapter connected to the same monitor with a HDMI cable and everything seems to work fine with the M1 drivers. (I had the Plugable USB adapter connected to a VGA cable prior) I’m hesitant to uninstall the M1 drivers. What do you recommend?
Seems like the VGA cable was the problem. Have you tried a new VGA cable?
I have the same VGA cable connected to my 2nd monitor without any issues.
I will keep the M1 drivers for a few days and see if my monitor flickers again.
Thanks again for your quite responses.