Flickering display with UD-4VPD

Hi there,

Just installed my UD-4VPD and connected my 4K 120Hz monitor to it via HDMI. The display shows nicely, clearly working at 120Hz, but the image keeps going on and off at what seems to be random intervals, in the order of 10’s of seconds.

I tried moving from port HDMI1 and HDMI2 but see same result. There is no problem if I bypass the UD-4VPD and connect the monitor directly to my laptop, also at 120Hz, using the same cable. So, not a cable nor monitor problem.

Any suggestions to what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Claudio.

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The computer’s USB4 port with the docking station connected and the native HDMI output may be differently controlled by the computer’s hardware and our first step is to check for any pending software or driver updates using our log-gathering tool: PlugDebug, when you have a moment:

1. Keep the docking station connected to the computer with the displays and devices connected to the docking station
  2. Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
    2a) For Windows: Download the PlugDebug Utility, then Right-click on the PlugDebug application and run as administrator
    2b) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
    2c) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
  3. Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
  4. When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
  5. Please attach this zip file to your reply email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #422916 - Attention Pat’

This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hi Pat_P,

Thanks for the reply. I am on the road the rest of this week, away from the docking station. Will do the above and provide the data as soon as I am back with access to the docking station.

Regards,
Claudio.

Hi,

Thanks for the update, I look forward to hearing back once you have returned from your trip.

Have a happy New Year!

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.