Flashing blue lights

Is there a specific code in the flashing of the blue lights on the transfer cable? They are definitely connected and the window has a message that the transfer or synchronization is in process but no progress bar evident, only the flashing of the lights. They flash 4 times then flash 8 times. Sometimes they flash 4 times then stay solid for a couple seconds then flash 4 times again. then 8 and hold then back to 4. Anyone have any idea what the code is supposed to be telling me? There are no other comments in this regard and no mention of any codes in instructions. I do wish there was a bit more information on this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, Carla!
I’m Brian, a product owner here at Plugable and I will be more than happy to work with you on resolving this issue. I apologize for all the difficulties and frustrations!

The flashing lights indicate that there is some activity taking place but no data is transferring. What exactly are you seeing in the Easy Computer Sync software?

You can download the latest version of Bravura Easy Computer Sync from this link: https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/Bravura/EasySync_v3.0.0.3.zip. This version is newer than the one on the disc, and I would suggest installing the newest version on both computers instead of using the disc.

We have setup instructions available at our knowledge base. You can find them using the link below:

https://kb.plugable.com/hardware-and-compatibility/plugable-transfer-cables-step-by-step-instructions

You can also contact us directlywith your ticket number, which is #392456

Thank you for reaching out to us and for giving us a chance to help!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

I had actually run an update before I started the program. What I did was use the access other computer and highlighted the files to be transferred. Should I just stop the process, which has been going since around 11am and start over using the suggested method? What I really need to do is swap out the SSD from the old computer (it. is twice as big as the one that came with the new computer). I thought the cable between the two computers would allow apps and programs to transfer too but according to the video it. only transfers files. :frowning: so I am basically back to square 1. I am somewhat of a self-made-mans computer geek. I rebuilt my 20 year old Lenovo and de died that the parts and pcs I did not upgrade were probably getting ready to croak so decided to purchase a new Lenovo (oodles smaller in size LOL) than my big tower. It has basically all the same speed processors just a smaller SSD. If you have any other suggestions I would be grateful for them.

Typos do vex me 🥹

Hello, Carla!
Thank you for getting back to us!

Yes, go ahead and stop the transfer process and start over after doing the suggested method.

The Easy Sync software only transfers data files and does not transfer programs and apps. You will need to install those manually on the new machine.

I suggest doing a one-way transfer of data files from the old machine to the new machine.

Let us know what happens after uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.