Failure to discover speakers

When I try an add speakers to my PC they are not discovered. Both speakers connect to my cell phone. The speakers are a TWO SIGMA bluetooth speaker and a JBL Micro Wireless bluetooth

Did I mess up the installation?

My PC is running Windows 7 64-bit and Device Manager reports Bluetooth Radios Broadcom BCM20702A0 Adapter working properly. and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator working properly. The adapter is using Broadcom driver 6.5.1.2700, and Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.

Why aren’t these speakers detected? Under Features it said, “Supports Bluetooth stereo headsets, headphones, and speakers.” What speaker will the Plugable’s USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter connect with?

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry it isn’t connecting to your speakers. We often see this when the speaker is automatically connecting to another device.

Could you please try temporarily turning off Bluetooth on your cellphone and any other devices you have connected them to, then make them discoverable and try connecting to the computer again?

If this doesn’t work, please contact us directly at support@plugable.com. We can do some deeper troubleshooting and find out what is going on.

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support

I turned off Bluetooth on my cellphone. There are no other Bluetooth devices connected to my computer, then I turned it back on it said connecting for call and media audio.

KCav

Did it work ok after that?

I turned the power off on all my Bluetooth devices, put them in my car and drove the car down the street. Then I brought my cell phone and a Two Sigma speaker back into the house.

I turned the power on my cell phone on. The phone started and I clicked on Settings, selected Bluetooth. It said “Your phone is currently visible to nearby devices” and it listed devices that the phone had been paired with. I tapped on My Computer and it said “Connecting” and then it said “Connected for call and media audio.” Next I went to my computer and clicked on the Bluetooth icon located on my Taskbar, selected “Show Bluetooth Devices” and it said Devices (1) Samsung SM-G930V. I conclude that my computer is capable of detecting a cell phone with Bluetooth in Discovery mode.

Next I switched the power button on my Two Sigma Bluetooth speaker to On. A blue light came on and the sound signaling Discovery Mode sounded. I went to my cell phone and clicked on Settings, selected Bluetooth and clicked on the icon for my Two Sigma speaker, and it said “Connected for call and media audio.” Then I went to the Main Menu on my cell phone and clicked on Play Music, selected John McDermott and Waltzing Matilda played through my Two Sigma speaker. I conclude that Bluetooth technology on my Two Sigma speaker can broadcast a Bluetooth signal, pair and connect with another Bluetooth device.

Next, I shut off my Two Sigma speaker. Then I went to my computer and clicked on the Bluetooth icon on my Taskbar and selected Show Bluetooth devices. As expected the Two Sigma speaker did not appear since it was turned off. I turned the speaker on and a blue light appeared on the speaker and the sound signaling discovery mode sounded. With the speaker in Discovery mode I went to my computer, I clicked on the Bluetooth icon and selected Show Bluetooth Devices. The Samsung cell phone appeared but not the Two Sigma speaker. I clicked on Add Device and it said “Searching for devices make sure you device is discoverable. “ I waited. The speaker did not appear. I conclude that my computer is not discovering a speaker in Discovery mode.

What is the difference between the Bluetooth signal broadcast by a speaker in Discovery mode and the Bluetooth signal broadcast by a cell phone in Discovery mode? Why doesn’t Plugable’s new Class 2 Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy adapter detect my speaker? It detects my cell phone.

I turned the power off on all my Bluetooth devices, put them in my car and drove the car down the street. Then I brought my cell phone and a Two Sigma speaker back into the house.

I turned the power on my cell phone on. The phone started and I clicked on Settings, selected Bluetooth. It said “Your phone is currently visible to nearby devices” and it listed devices that the phone had been paired with. I tapped on My Computer and it said “Connecting” and then it said “Connected for call and media audio.” Next I went to my computer and clicked on the Bluetooth icon located on my Taskbar, selected “Show Bluetooth Devices” and it said Devices (1) Samsung SM-G930V. I conclude that my computer is capable of detecting a cell phone with Bluetooth in Discovery mode.

Next I switched the power button on my Two Sigma Bluetooth speaker to On. A blue light came on and the sound signaling Discovery Mode sounded. I went to my cell phone and clicked on Settings, selected Bluetooth and clicked on the icon for my Two Sigma speaker, and it said “Connected for call and media audio.” Then I went to the Main Menu on my cell phone and clicked on Play Music, selected John McDermott and Waltzing Matilda played through my Two Sigma speaker. I conclude that Bluetooth technology on my Two Sigma speaker can broadcast a Bluetooth signal, pair and connect with another Bluetooth device.

Next, I shut off my Two Sigma speaker. Then I went to my computer and clicked on the Bluetooth icon on my Taskbar and selected Show Bluetooth devices. As expected the Two Sigma speaker did not appear since it was turned off. I turned the speaker on and a blue light appeared on the speaker and the sound signaling discovery mode sounded. With the speaker in Discovery mode I went to my computer, I clicked on the Bluetooth icon and selected Show Bluetooth Devices. The Samsung cell phone appeared but not the Two Sigma speaker. I clicked on Add Device and it said “Searching for devices make sure you device is discoverable. “ I waited. The speaker did not appear. I conclude that my computer is not discovering a speaker in Discovery mode.

What is the difference between the Bluetooth signal broadcast by a speaker in Discovery mode and the Bluetooth signal broadcast by a cell phone in Discovery mode? Why doesn’t Plugable’s new Class 2 Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy adapter detect my speaker? It detects my cell phone.

Sorry fior making a duplicate post,

KCav