Failure To Connect

Trying to use my new Windows Transfer Cable to copy from my old pc to my new pc. Downloaded software and installed on each pc…no problem. Connected transfer cable, as instructed under “Connect Both Computers.” New pc showed device driver installed. However, old pc showed “Device driver software was not successfully installed.” Tried 4 times, once on each of my 4 USB connections, each time getting the same error message. Reversed cable and tried again. What now? Do I send the cable back to Amazon?

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting about your Windows transfer cable. I’m sorry you are having difficulties getting it connected. I can help with that.

It seems that the drivers did not properly install on the old computer. This can happen for a variety of reasons. It seems to happen more often on the old computer, because they are more likely to have developed issues over the years of use. Fortunately, we can usually fix it.

We have a debugging program that can help me discover what went wrong. Could you please connect the cable to the old computer and then go to this page:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please follow the instructions there for your computer. It will create a file on your desktop named after your computer. Please send this directly to us at support@plugable.com. Please mention Ticket #99069 in the subject of your email. I will examine the file and get back to you as soon as we receive it.

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support