External mouse & keyboard freeze once UD-3900 connected to laptop

Before UD-3900 is connected to laptop the mouse/keyboard connected via dongle to usb2 port work fine but once i connect the 3900 to the usb3 port the mouse/keyboard freeze, displays works ok, laptop mouse pad works ok but i cannot get mouse/keyboard to function again until i have disconnected the 3900 and restarted the laptop.
If I reconnect the 3900 then mouse/keyboard freezes again.
This system has worked very well since initial set-up but has failed today for first time.
FYI 3900 driver s/w downloaded but already upto date, I am having the same ‘freeze’ issue with 3 different mouse/usb dongles and finally i have tried to connect the 3900 first to laptop and then plug-in mouse dongle via the usb ports on 3900 but the mouse/dongle is not recognised.
Please advise on what else i can try ?

Hi David,

Thanks for your post!

Are you using a wireless keyboard and mouse with USB dongle? If so, we may be dealing with a RF interference issue as the dongle for your peripherals most likely uses the 2.4GHz frequency band. We have a blog post that speaks to this in more detail if you are interested.

Assuming you are indeed using a wireless mouse and keyboard, this can often be remedied by removing the USB wireless receiver from the front USB 3.0 port and place the receiver in one of the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock.

Please let me know if this helps at all and we can take the next steps from there.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.