External monitors won't wake, even when after computer wakes Dell XPS 13 Intel 11th gen with ‎TBT3-UDC1

I have 2 external monitors both connected to the TBT3-UDC1 using the provided cables. The monitors worked fine when I first plugged them in to my Dell XPS 13 (Intel 11th Gen). I keep the laptop in a closed position. However, when the computer falls a sleep for an extended period of time, and then the laptop wakes up - the monitors will not wake. I have tried un-plugging and re-plugging the monitors, and the thunderbolt connection to the laptop, which did not solve the issue. The only thing that solves the issue is completely rebooting the computer. Is there a way for the computer to fall a sleep and automatically wake up the external monitors? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello jtabb,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your TBT3-UDC1 docking station, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue.

To help with this specific situation, I’d like to get some additional information on your system and setup. Could you reach out to us via email at support@plugable.com and put “Ticket #353246” in the subject line so that I can continue to help from there?

Apologies for the extra steps in the process, but thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Regards,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.