I have two monitors connected to my plugable 3900 dock but neither one seems to recognize the dock and won’t display anything. I have windows 10, how do I tell my computer to display everything through the dock?
Thanks for the post! I’m sorry to hear that your docking station isn’t working as expected, but I’m happy to help.
Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to perform a clean install of the DisplayLink driver used by our docking station to help insure it is in good state and not contributing to the behavior. If you would please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please also remove the Plugable HDMI adapter. Please keep both of them disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.1 M0 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
Hopefully that will correct the issue you are experiencing. If not, let me know and we’ll continue from there.
Since we haven’t heard anything from you, we’re going to go ahead and close this thread. That said if you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.