External Monitors Not Recognized When Using TBT3-UDZ

Laptop: I just recently purchased this laptop: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-256gb-ssd-shadow-black/6427566.p?skuId=6427566

Setup: I have the TBT3-UDZ setup with a keyboard and wireless plugged into the docking station via usb and 2 external monitors plugged into the docking station via hdmi. I then have the usb 3 C cable running from the docking station to my laptop.

Issue: My laptop recognizes both the keyboard and mouse however it does not recognize the external monitors.

External Monitors: Dell D2421H

Help needed: Need help getting the monitors to be recognized.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, looking at the specifications for your system, it lacks USB-C DisplayPort video output capabilities (VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode) and does not have Thunderbolt 3 support either. As such, it is not possible for your system to support video with a docking station like this. The USB-C port on your computer is for USB data only.

This is a common drawback for the Pavilion line of systems from HP, they lack the more advanced features that the Spectre and Envy systems offer that let them be compatible with this dock for video.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.