External monitors for apple M1

So I recently purchased a new mac pro and was trying to hook up two external monitors and came across your video. I downloaded the display link software but it doesn’t want to recognize my second monitor. I am currently running everything through an old dell k16a docking station. Do I need to purchase a different docking station for the software to run properly or is there some other error? Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support!

To clarify, are you running into this issue while using a Plugable dock, or are you using the DisplayLink software with your Dell docking station? I ask because the DisplayLink-based solution shown in the video operates specifically through one of our DisplayLink-based docks. Your Dell K16A is a Thunderbolt based dock, which does not function using a DisplayLink chip.

If you are interested, I would be happy to provide a recommendation based on the manufacturer and model numbers for the laptops and monitors you intend to use.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.