External monitors are not displaying anything unless I unplug/replug power cacble

I have M2 MacBook Pro with two 4K Dell 27" external monitors. I connect them via TBT3-UDZ dock. The problem when I connect them to MacBook, the displays won’t show anything. But if I unplug dock power cable and plug again, then I see the display. This happens every time. Any solution for this. All the cables are connected to GE surge protector.

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out on the forum!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue here.

First, can you confirm that you are trying to connect to your laptop using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with your dock? We’ve seen issues arise when a third party cable is used.

Next, some steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. I know that you mention that you unplug and re-plug the power cable to the dock, but this is a slightly more methodical approach we like to try. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals and displays connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect the docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and displays, then test for functionality

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.