External Monitor Freezes

Using a Plugable universal 3.0 docking station. with a dell laptop and Sceptre external monitor. Monitor “freezes”. I’ve uninstalled drivers a couple of times now, using 2 different files. I have 3 sets of drivers in my download folder : 8.4, 8.6, & 9.0 Longest the monitor went without freezing while attached to the docking station was 30 minutes. I’m stumped. Any idea what to try next?

Add drivers version 9.2 - still no luck

Hi Cozmo,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things have stopped working as expected with your docking station and I would be happy to help.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Just after the behavior has occurred again, please keep everything connected (even though not working as expected) and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket 284043’ in the subject line. This will allow us to match things up and help us to determine the next steps.

Please also include the Amazon Order ID number for the dock purchase in your direct email. ** Please do not post the PlugDebug or the Amazon Order ID number in our public forum **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Info sent. Thanks!

Another tidbit of information: I am working from home today. Thus far my office laptop is working like a champ on this set up (goes to show you what a professional setting up a system is worth!) Will have a rummage on the work machine and see if I can see what is different.

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the update. I sent you a direct reply on 10/1, and have just sent another reply to you directly (outside of the forum).

In an effort to keep all communication in one place, moving forward please only respond to my direct email. Once we have determined the proper resolution, I will update the forum thread with the conclusion.

Thank you,

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.