External Hard Disk on Plugable USB2.0 HUB

I am planning to buy Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub (with Power Adapter). Will it support Multiple Hard Disks. My hard disk model is Segate Go Flex USB 2.0 (without external power cord). If possible how many hard disk I can connect at a time via a single hub?

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for posting your question here! The Plugable 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub comes with a 2.5 Amp AC adapter, which assumes a typical mix of high and low power USB devices will be used.

The Plugable 10 Port Hub is designed to be used in a scenario in which there are more number of low powered devices along with a couple of high powered devices. And this is the scenario for the majority of our users.

Bus powered external hard drives (that do not have their own power adapter) are high powered USB 2.0 devices. If you are looking to connect multiple power hungry devices, then the Plugable 7 port USB 2.0 Hub would be the better suited for your need than the Plugable 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub.

The Plugable 7 port USB 2.0 Hub is a premium 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub that is designed to maximize compatibility with USB 2.0 devices, including power-hungry USB-powered hard drives, scanners, etc, with its provided 3A power supply. Supplies up to (but not more than) the 500mA per port/device specified by USB 2.0.

So for scenarios where most devices are known to need or use the maximum 500mA each, all ports supply 500mA to provide connectivity to high powered USB 2.0 devices.

Hence the Plugable 7 port USB 2.0 Hub is the perfect product for your requirement

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Thank you ver much for your reply. I wil go for Plugable 7 port Usb 2.0 Hub