Extened screen lags several seconds and or doesnt update image at all (UGA-2K-A)

Hi, I just received my order of a couple of UGA-2k-A’s from Amazon. I followed the instructions, plugged it in and let the drivers download install. When using it, however the image is delayed by 5 to 10 seconds and more often doesn’t render at all.

Even a simple web browser with the all white Google homepage does not render and will not show the cursor or what has been typed.

I thought maybe it was the resolution setting, so I brought it down to 1024x768 and had the same problem.

My computer had no other applications running (other than the web browser) and am plugging the UGA-2K direct into a USB 2.0 connection (not a hub).

Additionally, its a laptop running Win 7 Pro, Intel i5 processor and 6 GB of RAM. Based on the product reviews, I would think my computer is sufficient to do basic web browsing without latency so it makes me think something else is wrong.

Any thoughts?

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your question, we’ll be happy to help. You’re right, your computer should be plenty capable of web browsing on an external monitor connected to a UGA-2K-A. The first step in troubleshooting is to make sure that Aero is enabled in Windows.

Here’s a link to a page from Microsoft with instruction on how to do that.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi…

Give that a try and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Thanks. I tried this and it allowed it to work… but…

It will only work if I do not make ANY changes to the personalization settings. Meaning that it only appears to work with the distracting standard blue/green translucent windows frames. Does this sound right?

Any thoughts on this?

It will only work if I do not make ANY changes to the personalization settings. Meaning that it only appears to work with the distracting standard blue/green translucent windows frames. Does this sound right?

David,

That does sound right! I’ve given a more detailed answer on your second post regarding the same:
http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

As long as Windows Aero is enabled on your Windows 7 system, the Plugable UGA-2K-A should work without any issues at all.

If you see issues with the Aero enabled, please post back and let us know. We’ll be glad to troubleshoot and figure out the root cause of the issue and hence workarounds/solutions.

Regards,
Roze