Excel issues related to plugable

I have a user here at my company that is having issues with excel (generally when they open more than one sheet.)

Specs:
Inspiron laptop
I7
16gb RAM
500GB hard drive
Win 10

The pluggable we are using is this dual display docking station

When the issue arises the excel spreadsheet will start to “shake” which just means that it is jumping from the top right position on the desktop to bottom left. Then it will display a grey screen with the excel frame around it and become unresponsive. If I unplug the pluggable it works fine on the laptop and everything goes back to normal. If I plug it back in it goes back to shaking again and follow the same pattern of behavior as before. I have tried uinstalling all video drivers and reinstalling them, including the displaylink drivers and it works for a short time but inevitably comes back.

What might we be able to do in this situation and is this a known issue of any kind?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Tyler,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

I appreciate you taking the time to work through updating the video drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the DisplayLink drivers. This can normally alleviate the issue, but we may be running into an issue associated with specific application settings. Does this error only occur on Microsoft Office Products?

The first item we can address is GPU acceleration. If it is possible try disabling this feature in Excel settings, and see if the behavior continues.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Tyler to help resolve some of the performance issues that he was experiencing, but we did not receive any reply back. If Tyler would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else has any similar questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support