Ethernet shows as "Cable Unplugged" all the time

On Windows 10 laptop. Can’t say when this might have stopped working as user has been using wifi.
To resolve I have thus far,

• changed cable in use
  • changed port at switch
  • changed port at wall
  • disconnected wi-fi connections
    to no avail
    Any advice most welcome
    Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support, we’re here to help.

I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re seeing and I’d like to help. I’m not sure if you have already tried this, but are you able to plug in a different computer using the same network cable and into the same network port on the wall?

If you’re still seeing this issue, I’d like to work with you directly and have you run our PlugDebug tool so we can gather more information about your setup to help us understand what the issue may be. Please plug the device into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there: http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please do not post the log files here, instead please e-mail them to support@plugable.com and include ticket#283491 in the subject line please.

Thanks!

-Andrew T.

Plugable Technologies

I’ve tested networking with a different computer and it is fine. It looks like the device just isn’t recognising a cable being plugged in. Log files from your debug tool will be sent in shortly

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.