Ethernet randomly dropping out. Dell XPS13 9310

New Dell XPS13 9310 with Thunderbolt4 ports. The dock (only have had it for a couple of days) is randomly dropping the Ethernet connection. USB connections seem fine. Unplugging and re-pluging the ethernet cable brings it back. Does the same thing with my Surfacebook 3 which has a USB-3 port, but not when I use the Surfacebook 3 with the Microsoft dock.

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into ethernet issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but we would be happy to help diagnose the issue.

First, can you confirm that you are trying to connect to your laptop using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with your dock? We’ve seen issues arise when a third party cable is used.

Additionally, I’d like to request some logs from your device using our PlugDebug diagnostics tool. With everything still attached to the dock (even if it appears to not be working) please follow the instructions on our PlugDebug page and send the ZIP file to support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #368685” so we can take a look at the logs and better diagnose the issue.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Will do. As it is intermittent, do I wait for a reoccurrence?

I am using the Thunderbolt cable that came with the dock.

Hello David,

Thank you for your response.

Yes I would wait for a reoccurrence of the ethernet dropping out to capture the log files. In the meantime, let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.