Ethernet problem on Windows Lenovo 720

USB-C Mini Docking Station on Lenovo 720 13 shows the green solid and yellow blinking ethernet but does not see a network connection. Is there a windows driver needed?

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

The UD-CAM utilizes built in Windows driver in order to utilize the devices inside of the dock. When connecting your ethernet cable, does this problem occur no matter what ethernet cable you utilize? Are you connecting to a network at home, or inside of an office/university?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

I am connecting at home. I can use the same ethernet to attach to other devices and it works fine. I tried sever cables and I have more than one router and tried both of them. The switch has all green lights so it looks good. The hub has green and flashing yellow lights which looks good. The fast charger works on my Lenovo 720 13" as does the HDMI so it appears the docking is successful as far as those functions are concerned. Is there a particular network speed supported/not supported? Does this have gigabit ethernet or 10/100 ?

Thanks

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much for sending over this information!

The Ethernet port on the UD-CAM utilizes the Realtek RTL8153 chipset which supports 10/100/1000M so it should be able to connect to the network at your house. We may have be running into a configuration or setup issue, so we may need to review some of the log files from your system in order to track down the issue.

When you have a moment, please visit www.plugable.com/support/plugdebug and download and install our PlugDebug application and run it. Once it completes, a .zip file should be located on your desktop. Please attach this .zip file to a direct email and send it to support@plugable.com with “Ticket no. 225185” in the subject line so we can keep all of your information in the same place.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Sorry, I was using the wrong USB C port! This is a great hub. Love it. 5+ Stars.

Hi Kim,

Woo Hoo! I am glad to hear that you were able to narrow down the issue, and can confirm that everything is connecting and working properly. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com in the future, if you have any additional questions or concerns.

If you ever have a free moment, we would love to hear about your experience with our product and support team via a Product Review.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support