Thank you for checking for the Ethernet adapter in the Device Manager, our next step is to fully reset the docking station to see if this helps to get the Ethernet adapter to detect and gather some log files from the system to check for any incompatible software or drivers.
Based on your description I would like to start by resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:
- Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
- Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
- Restart the computer: In Windows 10: Start -> ( Power Icon ) -> Restart
- After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
- Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
- verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer, please verify the USB cables are fully seated on both the docking station and the computer
- check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please restart the system and let me know if they are not detected after the restart
- Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.
Please let me know if this helps, if not we can gather some log files from the computer using our PlugDebug log gathering tool:
If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) and network cable connected to the dock, and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘email@example.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #319406: Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.
I look forward to your response,