I have the hardware as listed below. When connected to my Yoga 920c the ethernet keeps periodically losing connection approx every 5-10 minutes without a clear reason and then reconnecting, and I find that the ethernet connection is slower than the wifi. I have tried multiple ethernet cables without success. Can you advise?
PLUGABLE USB-C TRIPLE 4K DISPLAY DOCKING STATION WITH DISPLAYLINK USB GRAPHICS, ALT MODE VIDEO OUTPUT, AND PD CHARGING
[TP-Link AC4000 Smart WiFi Router
#Modem: MOTOROLA 24x8 Cable Modem, Model MB7621, DOCSIS 3.0
Thanks for contacting Plugable support!
Networking issues such as these can be difficult to diagnose as there are multiple factors which can vary depending on the environment. I’d like to start by requesting some logs from your system so that we can investigate further.
Could you please keep the Plugable UD-ULTCDL dock connected to your Lenovo computer (with the Ethernet cable connected to the dock), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?
This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Ticket #284909”
Thanks for giving us a chance to help!
Hello, thank you for providing the debug log from your system. Looking at the logs I am unable to see the DisplayLink driver enumerate properly and we’ll want to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 9.0 M1 DisplayLink software, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.0+M1.exe
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system
Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will proceed from there.
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.