Ethernet connection is not working after a change in router

My Asus router got fried and the replacement is a few days away. I made a direct ethernet connection to the cable modem. The Plugable UD-6950H shows it is connected but has no internet access. The system is a Dell XPS13 and the adapter is Realtek USB GbE Family Controller. Driver version is 1153.10.20.1104. I know internet in the house is working because the other Dell laptop that I have that never sat on a dock has internet access. Can you please help with a process for restoring internet access via the Plugable dock? Thanks in advance.

A3prasad

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the UD-6950H’s Ethernet isn’t working as expected, and I’ll be happy to assist.

Based on your description of the behaviour, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address (support@plugable.com) with “For ticket # 434653” in the subject line? In the email, please include the following information:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your docking station purchase.
  2. While the UD-6950H is connected to your PC with the Ethernet cable connected to its Ethernet port (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.