Errors with Plugable USB 2.0 Sharing Switch

Getting error message every time I switch devices using the Plugable USB 2.0 Sharing Switch. A USB device is shown in device manager with the description “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”. This happens every time I press the switch button on the Plugable switch. Any idea what is causing this? I have the Plugable connected to an IOGEAR 7 port USB 2.0 hub which has a Logitech G500 and Logitech K800 attached.I’m switching between two PC’s, one is Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and the other Windows 7 Pro x86.

We worked on this issue via email using our ticketing system, but for any who might find the information helpful in the future, this is the troubleshooting process we used:
-Test the switch with a single, basic USB device such as a keyboard or mouse.
-Once we’ve confirmed that works, test each remaining USB device on the switch to determine which was causing the “Unknown USB Device” error.

In this instance, it turned out that the IOGEAR USB hub did not function properly when it was attached to the switch, but the customer had a different model hub that appeared to function fine.