"Error connecting to headset. Please retry this operation."

I am using a Philips Myjam SHB5250, and i also tried other bluetooth devices. The adapter sees them, and I am able to pair them successfully. However, whenever I try to connect, i get this message: “Error connecting to headset. Please retry this operation.” no matter what i do. What can I do to fix this?

Hello Zachary,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry that there are problems pairing the Myjam SHB5250 with the Plugable Bluetooth adapter. I would like to help.

I have not encountered a pairing issue with this headset before, so I would like to get some more information.

Could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once you get the file, please send it to support@plugable.com and use the subject line “For Ticket #158118.”

Thanks!

Hi Zachary,

To recap our correspondence after this matter was taken to e-mail. We were able to get Bluetooth working after cleaning up existing Bluetooth drivers, then reinstalling using a procedure I provided.

To other customers who may be experiencing these issues, please feel free to e-mail us directly at support@plugable.com to resolve issues with Bluetooth connectivity.

Thanks!