Enclosure not working on multiple systems

Using the USBC-NVME and the WD Blue SN570 on several systems, (Sony, HP, ASUS, MSI), using both the cables in the box (USB-A and USB-C) and I never detect the drive. I also never see the LED ight.

Am I missing something? Size limit or compatibility issue I didn’t read about? Or a DoA enclosure? Is there anything short of trying another NVME I can do to test?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us both through our support forum and directly via email.

I have already replied to your direct email with a recommendation to reset and test the adapter with the host computer and will copy the process below for reference. I recommend we continue through the direct email and I can then update this forum post with our resolution, please let me know if you did not receive the direct email response.

Thank you for the additional details, I recommend we next reset the enclosure and see if we can get it detecting correctly on the Windows computer by performing the following:

1. Disconnect the enclosure from the USB-C end of the cable
  2. Remove the NVMe SSD from the enclosure, and set the SSD aside for now
  3. Connect one of the two provided USB cables to the computer ( if using the USB-A to USB-C cable, please double-check to make sure the USB-A end is fully seated in the computer’s USB-A port )
  4. Open the Device Manager ( right-click on the Start Menu and select “Device Manager” from the pop-up menu
  5. Expand the section “Disk drives” and keep an eye on this during the next steps
  6. Connect the empty enclosure to the USB-C cable end ( connected to the computer ) and watch for the enclosure to be detected in the Device Manager > Disk drives section as “RTL9210…”
    6a) Please also check to make sure the blue power LED is illuminated on the enclosure after connecting to the computer
  7. Assuming this is detected, please disconnect the enclosure from the computer and let sit for 15-30 seconds
  8. Install the NVMe SSD into the enclosure
  9. Reconnect the enclosure to the computer and check for the SSD entry to show up in the Device Manager > Disk drives section

Please let me know if the SSD is detected in the Device Manager and we can proceed from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com