Enclosure not Workin on M1 Mac's

I have the Plugable USB C to M.2 NVMe Tool-free Enclosure USB C and Thunderbolt 3 Compatible
It works great on my Intel based Mac Mini and Intel based MacBook Pro. It, however, does not work on my M1 Mac Mini or my M1 MacBook Pro. Often times it will not be recognized. If it is recognized it works extremely slowly. If I use a USB-A cable it works fine, but much slower. I have read about quite a few issues with users having problems with USB-C/Thunderbolt devices and the M1. I have been hoping that a software update in Mac OS Monterey would fix it, but that has not been the case.

Hoping that Plugable support or another user has a solution. It is sad to not use this drive to its full potential.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the USBC-NVME enclosure connected to one of the M1 computers and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to your reply email as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Additionally, in your reply email, please let me know the serial number printed on the enclosure’s aluminum cover in the form ####-A#####, some of our very early enclosures did not include the serial number.

Thank you, I look forward to your reply email and we can proceed from here.

Pat
Plugable
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.