I have Plugable USB-VGA-165 USB to VGA Adapter for Multiple Displays up to 1920x1080 / 1600x1200 Each (DisplayLink DL-165 Chip). I am running Windows 8.1 and EasyWorship 2009. The video seems to freeze after most motion graphics have displayed and I have to quit Easy Worship and reload it to get video to update again. This is troublesome during church service. It works great with non-moving backgrounds. Any ideas on how to fix so I can use this product reliably? We are starting to use more moving backgrounds and it’s becoming an issue.
I am sorry to hear this. Depending on the resolution and frame rate of the animations and videos, there might be not a lot we can do since all our display adapters are not designed for video streaming. We can try a clean DisplayLink driver installation to see if this can improve on our symptoms by doing the following:
- Disconnect display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer and test.
Please let me know if this yields any results.
Thank you for the response! I will try this Wednesday evening and let you know. Basically, we don’t do a lot of streaming on it, mostly just like a countdown or moving backgrounds.
You are welcome! Get back to us whenever you can.