E1000 losing internet connection after Windows 10 2004 upgrade

I have been having an issue with my E1000 ever since Windows update 2004. Its been working fine connected to my TP-Link USB 3.0 Hub for the last couple of months since I purchased this item. Now every so often I lose my internet connection (not the network connection though) and I have to unplug the USB and replug it in to regain net connection. Initially, I assumed it may have changed the power saving settings which I have disabled as they cause problems, that wasn’t it. I installed the latest drivers, that didn’t sort it and I am really scratching my head as to why I keep losing internet connection and not network connection. I will run the diagnostic program and e-mail the zip file over.

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m sorry to hear about this trouble, and I’d be glad to help. I’d like to ask a few questions about your situation and try a few basic troubleshooting steps to see if that gets you going:

• Does this happen with WiFi, or any other adapters?

• Are you able to try the adapter on another computer to see if you get the same/similar result? That could be very helpful. I do understand if this is not a possibility

• Let’s try to reset the modem and or router, and allow for at least one minute for a full reset

• Try any different Ethernet cables that you have, and different Ethernet ports on the modem/router

• Try plugging the adapter into each USB Port on the computer to see if one makes the difference. This is especially good to try as the adapter seems to need to be unplugged and re-plugged in.

Lets see how the connection is after trying these steps. I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.