I have HDMI and DVI monitors through usb 3.0 and everything works fine, until I put laptop to sleep. When it wakes up DVI monitor often, but not always, “garbled”. Cycling, i.e. power off/on, of the dock fixes it. Any suggestions?
Hi Mark, thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this behavior with our dock and I will be happy to help.
Thank you for the description of the behavior you are seeing. Based off of this, we’ll want to reinstall the DisplayLink software and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.2 M1 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
Please let us know if these steps help or not and we can go from there.