Duplicate key typing

Sometime in the last few weeks, my keyboard has started typing random multiple letters or inserting un-typed extra spaces (as though something is stuck).

I use a Plugable UD-3900 dock
Dell Core i7-8750 x64

It’s not the keyboard - thinking it was, I first cleaned then replaced the keyboard but am still seeing the issue. I updated the drivers for the the dock but am still seeing this.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? It’s driving me nuts.

Thanks!
Morgan

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for posting!

To clarify, are you making use of a wired or wireless keyboard?

Pending this clarification, Dell released a patch that changes a Windows Registry entry related to the Intel Management Engine which has resolved these issues of unresponsive and laggy keyboard strokes for several of our customers.Could you please try installing the following patch and seeing it helps at all?

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe

After installing the patch, I recommend disconnecting the dock from your computer and restarting the system. Then, reconnect the dock and observe the keyboard behavior.

Thanks for giving us chance to help!

Mitchell

I believe that’s done it! Thank you so much!

Great! Thank you for following up and letting me know.

I’ll be closing this topic, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to either open up a new post, or reach out to us at support@plugable.com. We’re glad to assist.

Best wishes,

Mitchell