I have the hub hooked up to usb 3.0 to my laptop and it worked with dual monitors and when I start to watch a video or even maximize a screen both monitors flicker like they are being disconnected. Then the screens come back on 3 seconds later only to do it again. I can get no work done on this because everything flickers and the screens freeze when they do come back up.
Right when I posted this the hub disconnected and reconnected withing 10 seconds.
I am sorry to hear this. I am assuming we are talking about the UD-3900 (docking station). Are you running a HD video locally (like Bluray quality), netflix , or are we talking about a youtube video? Does this only happen when playing videos?
Please perform the following steps to see if we can get improvement:
- Disconnect docking station from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer and test.
I did this and also updated my video and usb 3,0 drivers. It still did it when I went to youtube. It is as if it is hub is refreshing itself.
Then I would need to take a closer look. Please contact us directly at email@example.com and please provide the following:
- Amazon order ID.
- Serial number from sticker on bottom of unit.
- Shipping address.
We have a troubleshooting tool called PlugDebug that is helpful in situations like this. It allows us to get a better idea of which driver versions are on the system, as well as diagnostic and installation logs, while minimizing the amount of questions we send your way when we are looking into an issue.
Please head over to -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug. There you will find a download link as well as instructions. Please be sure to have the docking station plugged into the computer with the monitors attached when running this tool and attach the resulting zip file in the reply to this email. Once we have the .zip file it generates, we will get a better idea of how to best proceed.