I have successfully used the Plugable UD-160-A USB 2.0 Universal Docking Station with my Dell Studio XPS laptop. Windows 7 64 Bit.
Each time that I remove the laptop from the system and then reattach it, the 2nd monitor, a Dell 23 inch UltraScan will temporarily flicker and then go blank. In the past, all I’ve need to do is to unplug the DVI cable from the dock and reinstall it. Occasionally I’ll need to reboot the entire system.
I have tried the following:
• Unplugging the monitor from the docking station
• Unplugging the entire docking station power
• Verified that I have the latest drivers
• Changing from “extend” display to “duplicate” display.
• Completely shut-down and rebooted
I’m at a loss for how to get the 2nd monitor to show again. It is properly plugged in (white power light is burning). It will briefly show what should be on its screen and then goes blank.
Please advise recommended steps.