Dual monitor support question

Hi there,

Please advise if the following model supports daisy chaining/dual monitors

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076HXWR9M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3HIHADV23VGU1&psc=1

Thanks

J

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. It would be my pleasure to help!

The UD-CA1A is a single-display docking station that does not support daisy-chaining monitors. Daisy-chaining requires DisplayPort Alt Mode MST to work, which is not possible through an HDMI connection.

If you are looking for a dual-display docking station, I would be more than willing to help. Please gather the following information and email us at support@plugable.com regarding ticket 434492.

• Please provide us with the make and model of the laptop
  • Please provide us with the make and model of the monitors

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thank you,

Adi
Plugable Technologies

Great thank you - I purchased it anyway, as I wanted one comparable with Linux and this seemed to be the best fit for purpose on the market.

Will I still be able to have two monitors if one is connected directly to the laptop and the other through this dock?

Thanks again

J

Hi there,

I want to point out that for this docking station to work, your laptop must support DisplayPort Alt Mode over your USB-C connection. I bring this up because not all USB-C ports can support video.

To address your question about multi-monitor support, this will depend on how many displays your laptop supports natively. With most modern systems, you should be fine, but if you are uncertain, I recommend reviewing the technical specifications of the laptop in question to be sure.

I hope this helps!

Adi
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.