Dual Asus VE228 monitors dropping signal to MSI GF63 Win10 always

My set up is as follows: MSI GF63 Thin 9RCX with Win10 connected to dual Asus VE228 monitors, via the laptops USB-c port to the Plugable 3.0 USB docking station. All 3 monitors are set to 1920x1080 resolution.

Problem: I’ll have active windows on all 3 monitors and for no apparent reason, the 2 dual displayed windows blink and what ever was in the dual monitors slides over to the laptop. They stay on and work fine I just have to move the windows back to their respective screens. is there a patch for this?

1 Like

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for posting!

What if you temporarily swap in the included USB-A host cable (instead of the USB-C cable)? Do you still observe the same disconnection problem with this other cable that came with the dock?

If you do end up seeing the same problem, I’d like to request some logs from your computer to better investigate what could be going wrong. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your computer (with everything still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com, and include “Ticket #316666” in the subject line so that we can match up that email to this case.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

I made the swap and it made no difference. Sent the zip file as instructed by email.

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for getting back to us with the update, and I am sorry that the problem remains.

We have received your direct email, and I have just sent my direct reply.

Moving forward, please reply only to our direct email so that we can keep all communication in one place (once resolved I will update this thread accordingly).

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.