Dropping connection while connected to dock

About a week ago I purchased and received the USB to Dual HDMI adapter to us on my Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1 laptop. When I connect to the adapter to the laptop USB-C device it works great!
My issue is when I connect the adapter to the WD15 dock using the USB-Type A connector, it randomly – sometimes often other times not - connection drops and then restarts reconnecting the monitors again… - Not sure what I need to do… Any ideas / suggestions?

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I will be happy to provide you with assistance today with your Plugable product.

If possible can you please confirm the exact model number of the product you are using? You can usually find this on the bottom of the Plugable product.

Can you please also let us know which port you are connecting the Plugable product to on the Dell WD15 docking station? If possible can you please try using the left USB 3.0 port on the front (closest to the headphone jack)?

We do apologize for the trouble, and will be looking for your next update.

Sean // Plugable Support

Thanks for the reply – sorry it has taken so respond. Been traveling and then had to allow time to test it different things… :slight_smile: The pluggable device Model: UAG-HDMI-2S

I tried connecting to the left USB 3.0 port on the front as well as other ports, but unfortunately the random “disconnects” keep occurring. – When I connect to the USB 3.0 port on the laptop directly this does not happen.

I also made sure I have the latest drivers for all pieces… Very Strange.

Love the product when connected directly to the laptop - wish it worked with the dock.

Hello Jorge,

Not a problem with the slow response.

It is likely that your WD15 already has this most up to date firmware version, however it is worth checking. You can download the most up to date firmware here → https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vx47r&oscode=wt64a&productcode=dell-dock-wd15

If the above does not change the experience, can I please next have to reach out to us directly so that I can review some diagnostic logs?

Please run our PlugDebug tool found here → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

When the tool is completed please attach the newly generated zip file to an email and email us at support@plugable.com referencing ticket # 384269.

Sean // Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.