Driver compatibility issue with AMD FirePro M4100 FireGL V

When installing the driver pack, I get a message indicating “has detected that your AMD Firepro M4100 FireGL V graphics drivers could have compatibility issues when used with DisplayLink” Software still installs, but with the HDMI cable, I can only get a max video resolution of 1680x1050. If I try to increase to 1920x1080, the screen becomes unusable.

Hi James,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m going to guess you are using one of our USB Video adapters or USB docking stations. I’d be happy to help.

Several factors could contribute to the warning you are receiving and behavior you are seeing, one of them being the version of the drivers for your graphics card.

I would like to get some more details about your setup. We have developed a utility called PlugDebug which gathers some information about your system. It is available from this link:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

At your convenience if you would follow the instructions on that page for your operating system and send an email to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 83678’ in the subject line
with the .ZIP file that the application creates? ** Please have the adapter or docking station connected when you run the program **

Once we have the file we can determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support