Drive not recognized - Code 43

I have USBC-NVME enclosure but it not recognise my Sandisk Extreme Pro M2 NVME 3D SD (1TB). Now I have Windows code error Code 43.

Is there a way with drivers to set it up?

Thanks.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The enclosure uses the default drivers built into Windows 10 and shouldn’t need any 3rd party drivers. Is it possible to test the enclosure on another system to rule out a software side issue?

If you do not have another system for testing the enclosure, our next step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the NVMe Enclosure connected and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #278269 - Attention Pat’. This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello Jeffrey,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Update:

Jeffrey resolved this issue after testing the enclosure successfully on another system and let me know it was OK to update this post. The resolution was to remove the associated drivers from Device Manager, then reconnect the enclosure and manually assign the drive letter in Disk Management.

Thank you!

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com