DP-HDMI - video but no audio

I’m using the DP-HDMI adapter with my Dell XPS 8300, Radeon HD 5770, and a Vizio M43-C1 4K TV. The 4K resolution works well, but I have no audio through the adapter. Any idea how I can fix it?

Hi Don,

Thanks for posting. I’m hoping the audio playback issue is simply a matter of a settings change in Windows.

We’ll want to set the AMD card to be the default playback device. The following page has a good guide on changing the playback device (the process is similar for Windows 7, 8, &10):
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-change-…

Can you please give this a try and let us know if it allows for proper audio playback through the Visio? If not, we’ll dig a bit deeper and see what the best approach will be.

Thanks!
Gary

Changing the default playback device worked; however, the audio somehow mutes and unmutes intermittently. Maybe once every 10 minutes for 2 minutes.
Toggling the default playback device and restarting the TV, neither seems to fix the issue.
I’m happy for now.
Thanks for the help

Glad to hear that changing the default playback device got things (mostly) working!

Very odd that the audio is muting intermittently though (and glad to hear you’re happy for now but guessing this will get super frustrating pretty quickly if you’re using this setup for media playback).

We can certainly try a couple of different things to see if we can find a solution. A good first step will likely involve making sure the AMD drivers are up to date, since these drivers enable both video and audio functionality on the 5770.

If you decide to give that a try, please let us know how it goes and we can go from there.

Thanks!
Gary