DP-HDMI Adapter "No Signal" on HP ZR222w monitor connecting to HP Laptop 15-dy1xxx

Wanting to connect my second monitor (HP ZR22w) by Displayport to my HP laptop 15-dy1xxx usng the DP-HDMI model adapter and I get the dreaded “No Signal”. All connections seem to be good. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.
rabbitt98

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The DisplayPort to HDMI graphics adapter is a one-way adapter from a DisplayPort output on the computer to a HDMI input on the monitor, I am sorry it will not convert from this laptop’s HDMI output to the DisplayPort input on the monitor.

I don’t want you to be stuck with an adapter that will not work with your system and display and I would be more than happy to help get the return process started, please send an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #303022 - Attn: Pat’ and include either the Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the adapter, or attach a PDF or screenshot of the original invoice or receipt.

For connecting this display to the computer, a HDMI to DVI adapter cable can be used. HDMI and Single-Link DVI-D share the same signal standard and are cross compatible up to 1920x1200 resolution for almost all displays and outputs that support these resolutions. A HDMI to DVI cable is reversible and can be connected from the HDMI output on the laptop to the DVI input on the display. While we do not recommend specific cables, here are two examples available on Amazon that some of our users have reported worked with our docking stations:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Input-Output-Adapter-Cable/dp/B014I8UQJY
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-CL3-Rated-Bi-Directional-DVI-D/dp/B00K7HECTQ

I am sorry this adapter is not compatible with this laptop and I am happy to help with the return process or answer any additional questions you may have.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.