DP-HDMI adapter from HP desktop PC, no audio to Samsung Smart TV

I am running an HP 6005 desktop PC to a Samsung TV as monitor. The computer output is DisplayPort++ and sends a perfect video to the TV. The onboard audio works when connecting speakers to the audio output jacks (front & back), and the internal speaker has audio when the external speakers are disconnected. My speaker properties do not show the TV in the list of audio options. The default option is Realtek High Definition Audio. I first tried a straight DisplayPort to HDMI cable with no results. I purchased the Plugable DP to HDMI 2.0 Active Adapter to use with a regular HDMI cable. Still no audio to the TV. I am running all the latest drivers using a Windows 10 operating system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system to see how the display is being detected and if the computer will support DisplayPort audio output.

If you would, please keep the DisplayPort to HDMI adapter connected between the computer and television and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #320366 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hi,

Working with the original poster this has been resolved via email.

Based on the hardware specifications it appears the DisplayPort output on the computer does not support audio output. Some early DisplayPort outputs are not connected to audio, this is most common in workstation computers and small form factor business computers that are less likely to use speakers compared to headsets.

I will mark this thread as closed, please feel free to contact our support team directly at ‘support@plugable.com’ or start a new thread if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com