DP-HDMI Active Adapter/Samsung JU7100 4k Smart TV

I have a Samsung UN40JU7100 4k Smart TV in which I am trying to connect to my PC. When I connect a HDMI cable to my Zotac GTX1070 via the HDMI port it works great and I am able to use the TV as a display. To achieve 4k I bought the Plugable DisplayPort to HDMI Active Adapter. When I installed the plugable adapter and turned on my PC the MSI boot screen appeared however shortly after the TV says “no signal” and to check the source… The Samsung JU7100 has a “one connect mini” box/hub (Samsung BN96-35817B) that has 4 HDMI which connects to the back of the TV via some cable which isn’t HDMI. I am not sure what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The MSI boot screen is using an EFI graphics driver which may start at a lower resolution. Then Windows loads, and switches to the Nvidia Windows drivers.

I think you need a second monitor or remote desktop to be able to change the settings in Windows. Use the Nvidia control panel to change the resolution, refresh rate, color format, or color depth to match what was used with the HDMI port.

Hello Gregory, thanks for posting! We had received an email at our direct support email address (support@plugable.com) and we have already responded. I will paste my reply to your message below, but we will want to keep communications to the email thread in order to make sure all details are in one place.

"Thank you for the description of the behavior you are seeing. Just to clarify, does the same issue occur regardless of HDMI port on the hub that the HDMI cable is connected to? Does it occur regardless of DP port that our adapter is connected to on your GTX 1070 graphics card?

Pending that information and in looking at the manual for the TV here –> http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/con… there is a portion that jumped out to me as interesting and only wanted to mention it, even though the connection works when our cable is not being used. On page 25 it mentions to “Set Edit Device Type to DVI PC for a computer connected with a HDMI-to-DVI cable, and PC for a computer connected with HDMI cable. Also, set Edit Device Type to DVI Devices for an A/V device with a HDMI-to-DVI cable.” Would you happen to already have this setting set to PC within the “Edit Device Type” menu settings on the TV? If not, I would be curious if it could cause any change."

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support