dp-hdmi active adapter firmware update?

Hello, i have the hdmi-dp active adapter that supports 4k 60hz. I was wondering, is there any firmware update available for the adapter?

Thank you!

Hello Robertn, thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed response! There may be a newer firmware version available for the adapter, but we generally only recommend updating the firmware if you are experiencing issues in obtaining 4K@60hz or other graphical issues. Would you be experiencing any adverse effects when using our adapter?

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Basically the signal the adapter sends it’s still hdmi and sometimes I just have to unplug my 4k tv and plug again for it to work, otherwise it just stays in sleep. I tried everything and I know that a firmware update it’s not like a magical fix but I want to try it.

I have the rev. B of the adapter.

Thank you!

Thanks for the reply. I’ll be happy to prepare the firmware update steps for you to try and see if they help. First, would you be able to let us know the brand and model of computer you are using or the specific graphics processor that your system is using? The instructions must be modified depending on this variable.

I will then send you the instructions directly via email to the address tied to your forum account.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello, i’m using the Nvidia GTX 950.

Hello, me again. Can you please send me the newest firmware for the adapter? MacOs is still recognising the tv as TV and therefore i can’t go above 30hz on 4k resolution without 3rd party tools like switchresx.

I am still using nvidia gtx 950.

Thank you!

Hello Robertn, thanks for following up! We had sent you a direct email with the latest firmware file and instructions. We’ve followed up and sent that email again to the email address used to register on our forums.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support