Doesn't work with Fallout!

I installed all software for my Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Docking Station, wireless keyboard and mouse, but it won’t work with Fallout, Las Vegas. When I start Fallout it starts up just fine, but when I click “Load Game” or “Continue” it says the program has a problem and shuts down. I tried changing display resolutions, but nothing worked.
It worked before, so I uninstalled the Display link software and plugged my wireless keyboard and mouse directly into the laptop and it works just fine.
Unfortunately, that means my Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Docking Station is now a paperweight.

Now what?

Laptop Asus G53JW-A1 with Win 7 Pro, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M graphics card and 16 GB of RAM.

Andy

Hi Andrew - I’m afraid I don’t have good news.

This is an active open bug - The 3D engine that the Fallout series of games uses, has a problem in the presence of the DisplayLink software drivers. (see http://www.displaylink.org/forum/show… for another report). This problem will happen on any USB graphics device using the DisplayLink chipset (which is all the most popular ones).

The only workaround is to uninstall the DisplayLink software to play the game, then reinstall when done.

This is a software problem, and we expect DisplayLink will be able to fix it in a future driver version, however we can’t predict when. And we don’t want customers having to live with a problem like this, waiting for a driver fix with an unknown date.

So if you’d like to get a refund on the product, we totally understand. If you’re within 30 days of purchase, please just visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/… - Amazon will process your return quickly. If you’re after the 30 days, please email your Amazon order # to support@plugable.com and we’ll do everything we can.

If you’re willing to hang in for a fix, we’ll work with DisplayLink to get notified of their progress, and pass that on to you in the interim (but note – a problem like this often takes months to solve and get into a production driver release).

I’m very sorry you’re affected by this DirectX conflict. We’ll not leave you stuck with a product that doesn’t work for your needs. Just let us know what path you’d like to take.

Best wishes,
Bernie