Does the RJ45 adaptor work with Toshiba Thrive tablet with Android 3.2?

Hi,
I am planning to buy Toshiba Thrive tablet and the Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Network RJ45 Adapter.

I wanted to know if the adapter works with the tablet. I have to use this tablet in an area where there is no wifi.

Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for posting your question here! We tried out the Toshiba Thrive tablet with our Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100. When it did not work we concluded that the Toshiba Thrive tablet does not have support for the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100.

After an automatic update to Android 3.2.1, Thrive detected the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 and we were able to connect through it.

Feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you ever need any information or help regarding any of our products. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Thank you Rose.

On the Amazon page, it mentions that the adapter supports Android 3.2+. Do you know which tablet in particular?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004…

Thanks,
Sunil

Roze, Sunil, the USB2-E100 _DOES_ work on the Toshiba Thrive! I’ve tested it myself just now. You need to make sure that airplane mode is enabled before the adapter will work. I hope this helps other people who were frustrated with potentially purchasing a dud product.

Paco, is USB2-E100 the model number? if not do you have one that worked for you.

Kerry

Yeah, that’s the one. I was actually testing it for my dad. We tried all sorts of combinations and, suffice it to say, the only sufficient requirement is that you engage airplane mode while using the device. That’s really all there is to it!

PacoBell, Kerry, Sunil,

When we initially tried out the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 on Toshiba Thrive it did not work. But after an automatic update to Android 3.2.1, Thrive detected the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 and we were able to connect through it.

You only need to plug in the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100, connect a live Ethernet cable and wait for a couple of minutes for auto-configuration of the network settings. The Link and Power LEDs on the device will light up and you will have connectivity.

Feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you ever need any information or help regarding any of our products. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Hi PacoBell,

Although when we initially tried out the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 on Toshiba Thrive it did not work, after an automatic update to Android 3.2.1, Thrive detected the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 and we were able to connect through it.

It was your post that had us double-check it. So thank you very much for posting here and letting us know.

Regards,
Roze

Will this work to connect directly to equipment in order to complete initial setups? (routers, switches, etc?)

Hi mgwstudent,

Are you asking if you can connect a Toshiba Thrive to routers or switches via a Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100?

Can you post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with more information about your intended setup and what you are trying to do, so that we can give you an accurate answer?

Regards,
Roze