Does the HP Spectre x360 or non-x360 model (13inch) have thunderbolt 3 ports?

I tried searching online with conflicting information. Several blog posts seem to suggest that this laptop has thunderbolt 3 ports

The Verge article

PC World article

However looking at the HP website these models state:
non-x360 Version
1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Type-CTM Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Type-CTM Gen 2 (HP Sleep and Charge, Thunderbolt)

x360 Version
2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Type-CTM, HP USB Boost, Thunderbolt); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 headphone/microphone combo

I’m looking to get one of these but want to be sure it can run a 4k TV @ 60hz via Usb-C to HDMI. Pluggable states the HP Spectre x360 13" is compatible with their adapter
http://plugable.com/products/usbc-hdmi/

Can someone clarify? USB 3.1 Gen 2 is not Thunderbolt 3, its only as fast as Thunderbolt 1 at 10Gbps correct?

Hi Thien, thanks for posting. Intel has a Thunderbolt FAQ here –> https://thunderbolttechnology.net/tec… that addresses this question. To summarize, Thunderbolt 3 uses a USB-C port and underlying USB 3.1 Gen 2 technology. But Thunderbolt 3 increases the 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 transfer speeds to 40Gbps and includes DisplayPort 1.2 support for video pass through. The difference is that not all USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports offer the same functions. Some USB 3.1 ports can offer Thunderbolt 3, or a technology known as DisplayPort Alternate Mode in order to send a video signal. This has certainly cause some confusion when purchasing new laptops.

Based off of the specs of each system and although you don’t mention the specific monitor, I would expect our USBC-HDMI adapter to work in order to support 4K@60Hz when used with an HDMI 2.0 capable cable to support the bandwidth requirements.

If you choose to proceed with a purchase, we offer a 30-day no hassle return policy via Amazon.com/returns if you find that our adapter doesn’t meet your needs.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support