Does the Ethernet adaptor work with the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and 10.1?

Can your adaptor be used to connect Ethernet to the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and 8.0? (Other replies suggest that it does not work with the Tab, but perhaps for the new model ‘Note’ Samsung have had the sense to include this feature!) Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan-

Thanks for asking!

Unfortunately, no. Samsung seems to have removed the driver from all their devices. For other devices I might recommend a CyanogenMod variant for advanced users who are into rooting, rom flashing, etc, but for most consumers it’s a no go, and from what I know there were issues with pen functionality on note models, so this is probably best not to mess with.

Feel free to try and please let us know if you find different, but I wouldn’t expect it based on testing of many past Samsung models.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies

Thanks very much for your reply.

I wonder whether it is worth your company contacting Samsung and explaining that you do sell lots of your adaptors and that many consumers really do want tablets to be able to work with Ethernet. Samsung might even be interested in selling a badged version of your product - then they could test it and ensured it worked with their tablets. This would benefit your company, Samsung and consumers like me!

I will be writing to Samsung to complain, in any event…

Hi Dan-

Thanks for the input!

It’s not always clear where to take this sort of input, if you do find any good, receptive channels at samsung please post back to let us know.

Best wishes-

Jeff

Hi Jeff

You are welcome. Yes, I can see it is difficult, and don’t have any idea who exactly to contact. However you could at least try ringing up, and writing to them, and see whether it heads anywhere. Obviously emphasise the benefit to Samsung - that there is no real downside to providing this functionality, and that it is a way of winning customers and getting ahead of rivals (inc Apple). Put together some stories from customers who need ethernet (I have come across various stories on the web - people whose companies don’t allow wireless, or private wireless access; factories and industrials installations where there is not wireless present; individuals concerned about the health risk of wireless internet etc).

Good luck

Best wishes

Dan